Sunday, March 21, 2010

Inversion Tables

I have a terrible back problem. It never seems to go away. At times I have trouble standing up straight or often times even walking without pain. Last summer I discovered inversion tables. I used an inversion table at a pain clinic that has become almost a "hangout". In any case, I found that hanging from an inversion table at about 60 degrees has noticeably lessened the pain. While shopping for
inversion tables I soon discovered that a lot of brands I tried actually hurt my ankles while I was inverted. I didn't try any that used "boots" as I picture those as units that are for the "real" inverters who want to actually hang straight upside down, which I don't. Besides it takes longer to get into the boots than to just use a good comfortable ankle lock mechanism. I finally tried one of the "Teeter Hang-ups" tables. The first thing I noticed was that I could hang at 60 degrees or more with no ankle discomfort at all. I also really appreciated the fact that the "Hang-ups" tables were built extremely well. If there's one thing that makes me feel secure while hanging head down it's that I have confidence that the table is sturdy and secure. I opted for the 950 model as it has the feature of the extended ankle release bar. With that I don't have to bend over as far to get out of the ankle locks. After using the inversion table for some months now I can say that I would highly recommend it for most people with back pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment